Get Support

There are times when we have problems that seem too big to sort out on our own. If you’re feeling like this, then it's good to to talk with someone about what's going on.

It's up to you to decide who that person will be - it could be a parent, school counsellor, family doctor or another trusted adult. While it’s important that you let your friends know how you’re feeling, it’s often best to talk to an adult - just because they’re likely to know more about what to do. Find out more about talking with someone about what's bothering you.

If you want to talk to someone right now, call...

  • Mental Health Support and Information - 310-6789
  • Kids Help Phone (for young people ages 20 and under) - 1-800-668-6868

Prefer to chat online?

  • Youth in BC is an online resource where youth can get help by having a real-time online chat with a trained volunteer. (Available from noon to 1 a.m. every day)

Prefer to TEXT?

  • offers youth in British Columbia the option of texting. 

Places to get support: