Stress can be defined as a strain on your ability to cope with the demands placed on you by everyday life.
Understanding what can trigger stress is an important first step in learning to manage it. If you're feeling stressed, take a moment to figure out what's going on in your life that's causing the stress.
Stress can result from things Such as:
- Major changes in our lives, such as moving, changing schools, graduating, starting college/university
- Deadlines - school or work
- Conflict with friends, family or co-workers
- Relationship problems
- Daily hassles such as getting stuck in traffic, missing the bus, or being late
- Health problems - personal or family
- Your own thoughts, such as worrying too much
- High expectations - either your own or someone else's
- Difficulties balancing school, work, family, and social life
- Being unemployed and trying to find work
- Financial difficulties
Wondering if you’re dealing with a level of stress that’s unhealthy for you?...
Being stressed is associated with a number of thought patterns, feelings, behaviours and physical symptoms. Learn about the early signs of stress...
Learning how to effectively manage stress helps to prevent it from affecting your mental and physical wellbeing. Check out self-care resources for stress...